Toronto / April 17, 2019
Proof is seeking a recent college graduate with a degree in public relations, communications or media studies for an entry-level position of Account Coordinator in the Toronto office.
The Ideal Candidate:
- You have excellent written and verbal communications skills, are extremely detail-oriented and can juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- You’re comfortable conducting research, take initiative, are highly conscientious and have a strong understanding of national media outlets
Roles & Responsibilities:
Account Coordinators assist in the planning and implementation of public relations and marketing communications programs for a variety of clients. Duties include:
- Assist account teams with media relations including pitching and – influencer outreach;
- Strong research skills (researching stats and facts, new contacts for media lists and influencer outreach);
- Drafting media pitches and materials such as backgrounders;
- Creating and maintaining media and stakeholder lists;
- Monitoring media coverage and influencer postings;
- Creating summary reports for clients;
- Distributing press materials;
- Event planning;
- Knowledge of visual content assets such as infographics and video;
- Assisting with administrative tasks: team support, meeting set-up, media training sessions which include equipment knowledge, set-up and catering coordination.
Skills & Experience:
- You have a college or university degree, or post-secondary certificate, in public relations or media studies
- You possess a thorough understanding of social and digital media including, but not limited to: drafting tweets and Facebook posts, monitoring online conversations (Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc.), some experience measuring engagement and experience with blogger relations
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite is an asset.
The salary for this position will commensurate with your experience. Proof provides excellent benefits including medical and dental, subsidized continuing education, milestone trips and more.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Preference will be given to candidates with experience, such as an internship or placement, within an agency setting or related environment