Account Director – Health & Wellness
Toronto / November 19, 2019
At Proof, we believe that being part of great teams doing exceptional work and having fun is the best path to a successful public relations agency. More than two decades of continuous annual growth have proven that philosophy, and we are now the largest wholly Canadian-owned public relations agency with over 130 team members. Our offices are in Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal and Washington, DC. We offer market-level compensation, professional development, performance bonuses and an award-winning workplace.
We are looking for a confident, grounded individual who thrives on variety and has 12 to 15 years of experience to act as Account Director in our growing Health & Wellness practice in Toronto.
Leading senior-level client relationships will be an important part of the role, and you will enthusiastically seek ways to solve challenges, add value and expand business opportunities. You are a hands-on, trusted advisor who thinks strategically to meet both client and agency objectives. This is the ideal position for a person who is comfortable using evolving communications approaches and one who wants to collaborate with a team of dynamic communications specialists.
- Positive, friendly, collaborative and solution-oriented;
- Proactive, self-motivated and highly reliable;
- Outstanding communication and listening skills;
- Curious about the world around you and open to new learning;
- Driven, with a healthy obsession for results;
- Confident, professional, mature disposition;
- Committed to the growth and success of others;
- Self-aware and open-minded.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting into the team’s Vice President, the successful candidate will:
- Build strong and trusted client relationships through sound counsel and manage day-to-day client / account activity;
- Lead plan development and execution of communications programs including but not limited to education and awareness building campaigns, advocacy and stakeholder relations, and content creation in collaboration with our strategy, research, and digital colleagues;
- Provide team leadership throughout all stages of project development to ensure that work is aligned with agency best practices and client expectations;
- Support team delivery of tasks and projects and be accountable for high quality delivery to agreed deadlines;
- Determine ideal measurement frameworks for each program and work to meet and ideally exceed these measurement objectives;
- Continually seek to secure new business and organic growth opportunities with current clients;
- Take an active role in building a positive agency culture;
- Manage, coach and mentor team members with challenging work, real-time constructive feedback, and by being a team player;
- Collaborate well with cross-functional agency colleagues, Practices, and sister companies;
- Manage transparent budgets, no-surprise billing, and account profitability of assigned client accounts.
Skills & Experience:
- 12 to 15 years of experience in communications, ideally with a health focus;
- Agency experience;
- A strong project manager who excels in working with a variety of clients in sectors including but not exclusive to, pharmaceutical, consumer health, wellness, and not-for-profit;
- Solid understanding of PAAB, ASC and the Canadian regulatory environment;
- Thinks strategy-first and can effectively problem solve;
- Can manage multiple projects from start to finish, showing attention to detail at every step;
- Able to develop people and motivate team members to achieve success;
- Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills; and,
- University degree and/or relevant college certificate/diploma.
- The salary for this position will commensurate with your experience. Proof offers competitive pay and benefits in an award-winning workplace. Perks include subsidized continuing education, company-paid milestone reward trips, paid volunteer days, an annual company retreat and a culture of promotion from within.
- We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.