Account Director – Integrated Marketing Focus
We’re looking for a motivated, curious and enthusiastic marketing communication professional to join our team in Toronto as an Account Director, with a focus on integrated, digital programs. You’ll bring a passion for digital marketing and communications and experience in managing multifaceted accounts working collaboratively across Strategy, Creative, Research and Digital teams and partners. You’ll leverage this experience and ability to develop deep understanding of client businesses to build revenue through new business development and organic growth.
You will have an appreciation of PR but focus on digital owned and paid approaches. This is a unique role that will manage and support integrated teams across the agency’s Health & Wellness, Corporate & Financial, Technology and Consumer Lifestyle practice groups. Teams will benefit from your leadership to drive multi-channel programs that elevate brand experiences and measurably support client business objectives.
- Develops a deep understanding of clients’ business and provides strategy-led, audience-first plans in collaboration with agency’s Strategy team
- Brings a marketing-agnostic approach to client problems, and can competently lead integrated teams and earned (traditional and social), owned, paid approaches based on agreed-upon strategies
- Briefs in and provides necessary feedback and guidance to Creative team to ensure on-strategy and quality outputs
- Provides team leadership throughout all stages of project planning and development to ensure that work is aligned with client’s strategic direction and delivered with excellence and to agreed deadlines and scopes
- Ensures measurement is built into every program, ideally beyond vanity metrics
- Owns, leads and develops senior client relationships, including overseeing day-to-day activity and providing advanced client counsel
- Identifies and secures new and organic business growth opportunities as part of practice’s broader new business strategy
- Keeps up-to-date on trends and platforms, and brings creativity and innovative ideas
- Evolves and challenges client briefs – and teams – to deliver on business and communications objectives
- Manages budgeting, billing, and team utilization of assigned client accounts.
- Formally manages direct reports and provides coaching and mentorship to other members of client teams within the practice group
- Contributes to the firm’s marketing and profile via networking, social media and other activities
- Contributes to the firm’s commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
What You’ll Get (Beyond a Paycheque!):
- An award-winning, inclusive workplace known for living The Golden Rule
- A forward-thinking culture that expects and rewards curiosity, bravery and innovative thinking
- Comprehensive health benefits from Day One
- Subsidized continuing education and frequent personal and professional development events
- Generous vacation time as well as office closures between Christmas and New Year’s
- Canadian, independent ownership that provides flexibility and local decision-making
What You’ll Bring
People skills and desired attributes:
- An empathetic, team-oriented leader who contributes to a collaborative work environment through enthusiasm, support and open communication
- Clear communicator with active listening skills
- Proactive, self-motivated, accountable and highly reliable
- Curious and focused on asking better questions that lead to better results
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Seeks feedback and responds well to constructive input
- Committed to the growth and success of themselves and others
- Self-aware, open-minded, and solution-oriented
- Problem solver / resourceful
- Demonstrates good judgment for clients’ and Proof’s businesses
- Experience working across earned, owned and paid media teams with a good understanding of all disciplines and ability to speak to same vernacular
- Experience with branding work including brand and narrative development and related workshops
- Experience with website builds and working with development partners
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research and measurement
- Excellent writing/editing/proof-reading skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan and produce integrated strategies for clients
- Experience managing direct reports as well as “managing up” to higher levels within the organization to advance business goals
- Understanding of agency economics and business models: forecasting, billing time, budgeting, team utilization
- Familiar with standard client services practices – status reports, agency team briefs, SOWs – and ability to complete when requested
- College or university degree or equivalent
- 8-10 years of experience running clients and teams within a communications, digital or advertising agency
- English-French bilingual preferred but not required
At Proof Strategies, we believe that delivering exceptional work, building trust and having fun is the best path to a successful communications and marketing agency. Over two decades of continuous annual growth has proven that philosophy.
Proof Strategies is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to us.
No phone inquiries, please. Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Proof Strategies.