Toronto / July 24, 2020
Do you love to tell stories? Are you curious to understand why we spend money the way we do or why people don’t recycle or how to position a company? Are you looking for a career that will help Canadians thrive? We’re looking for a passionate communications professional with 3-4 years of relevant experience, ideally including work with B2B companies and financial institutions to join our team.
Our consultants are key team members who solve client communication challenges, build relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders and collaborate with colleagues. They aren’t afraid to learn new skills and ask better questions to help their clients and themselves reach new heights.
- Content production for various purposes, including blogs, news releases, media advisories, presentations, whitepapers, and social content.
- Managing media relations & influencer programs, including story development, pitching and developing journalist & influencer relationships.
- Managing stakeholder relations programs including stakeholder mapping, content sharing and stakeholder engagement.
- Proficiency with using digital/social media platforms and tools for business, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, and monitoring and advertising tools; strong understanding of digital communications platforms.
- Conduct research and insights gathering for client and new business projects. This could range from stakeholder identification to sector insights.
What you’ll get (beyond a paycheque!)
- An award-winning workplace known for living The Golden Rule.
- A forward-thinking culture that expects and rewards curiosity, bravery, and innovative thinking.
- Comprehensive health benefits from Day One.
- Subsidized continuing education and frequent professional development opportunities.
- Canadian, independent ownership that provides flexibility and local decision-making.
What you’ll contribute:
- 3-4 years of professional communications experience, ideally with an emphasis on corporate communications and B2B, financial or technology communications.
- Proven ability to develop relationships with media, influencers and stakeholders.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Demonstrated passion for learning and growth in new areas.
- Strong project management skills, with an eye for detail and an ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and competing priorities, manage the day-to-day execution of programs.
- Education in communications, marketing, journalism or a related field and/or a post-graduate certificate in public relations is considered an asset.
Proof Strategies is dedicated to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Proof Strategies:
For leaders responsible for managing, protecting and building organizations and brands, Proof is a public relations and communications partner that “asks better questions” to create insight, grow trust and achieve success.
Founded in 1994 and now with close to 300 awards for client work and industry leadership, the independently owned Proof family of companies have more than 200 team members in offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa and Washington, DC
If you think you have what it takes, let us know why this will be a great fit! Please email your application to email@example.com.