Consultant – Health & Wellness
Toronto / December 13, 2019
We are seeking a Consultant to join our dynamic Health and Wellness practice. The Consultant provides day-to-day support on a variety of accounts in the pharmaceutical, over the counter, beauty and general wellness space. Proof offers a stimulating workplace, diverse experiences and a unique agency environment where learning and professional growth are a priority.
The Ideal Candidate:
- You’re experienced in communications with 3-4 years of health-related marketing communications experience
- You are grounded, passionate and always looking for new learning opportunities
- You are someone who takes initiative, thrives on variety, and likes solving communication challenges
- You’re excited to play an integral role in planning and execution for integrated campaigns working with our pharmaceutical, health, and wellness clients
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively and effectively with members of the Health & Wellness team as well as internal teams including paid, creative and analytics to execute communications programs.
- Client-facing on some projects, responsible for keeping programs moving and demonstrating ongoing value and results.
- Proactively manage day-to-day activity on all assigned projects.
- Content production for various purposes, including blogs, news releases, key messages, presentations, web and social content.
- Managing media relations programs, including story development, pitching and developing journalist relationships.
- Managing influencer and stakeholder relations programs.
- Proficiency in using digital/social media platforms and tools for business, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, NewsWhip, Google monitoring.
- Strong understanding of new and emerging social media tools.
- Conducting research and insights gathering for clients and new business projects. This could range from stakeholder identification to sector insights.
Skills and Experience:
- Has experience in health care and in communications agencies, working with pharmaceutical, patient association and health/wellness related organizations as clients.
- Familiar working within regulated environments.
- Proactive, positive, collaborative and dedicated team player who strives to deliver smart ideas and exceptional service with measurable results to clients.
- Proven ability to develop relationships with media, influencers and stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated passion for learning and growth in new areas.
- Strong project management skills, with a keen eye for detail and an ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Education in communications, marketing, journalism or a related field and/or a post-graduate certificate in public relations is considered an asset.
- Enthusiasm to manage the day-to-day execution of integrated communications tactics.
- Strong work ethic to ensure quality control while maintaining a positive outlook.
- Familiar with standard client services practices – status reports, coverage reports, agency team briefs, SOWs, critical paths, etc.
- Exceptional communication skills – oral and written with strong proficiency in Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proof offers competitive pay and benefits in an award-winning workplace. Perks include subsidized continuing education, company-paid milestone reward trips, paid volunteer days, an annual company retreat and a culture of promotion from within.
- We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.