Paid Media Specialist
Toronto / April 26, 2019
Reporting to the Director of Paid Media, you’re a key member of the Proof Strategy team. As our Paid Media Specialist, you despise the “set it and forget it” mentality. You value holistic program planning, innovative campaign execution, and collaborating with measurement team members to prove impact and value.
At Proof, your deep understanding of media process and ability to ask better questions earns you a seat at the table; from strategy creation and media plan inception, all the way through to program recommendations and client presentations. You will work closely with our communications, creative and marketing teams to drive ideas and campaigns forward across brands and businesses spanning consumer lifestyle, health, technology, financial services, and more.
The Ideal Candidate:
- You’re a full-service planner, strategic thinker and optimization magician
- You’re a multi-tasker and enjoy managing a diverse client roster, but still have your finger on the pulse of each campaign and next step
- You can plan paid social/digital campaigns, inclusive of organic, in your sleep
- You’re experienced in media planning with 2 – 3 years of agency experience under your belt
- You have 2-3 years of agency experience, and in crunch time could plan, build, execute and report on your own campaigns
- You’re client facing, performance-driven, and your desire to learn never stops
Roles & Responsibilities
- Play and thrive in the digital media landscape, but understand and can speak to traditional media
- Manage multiple facets of our client’s campaigns throughout the entire planning process: strategy creation, planning, presentation, launch, optimization, analysis and reporting
- Knowledgeable within Programmatic, Paid Search and influencer amplification
- Develop comprehensive media plans inclusive of competitive analysis, performance planning, rationale and measurement plans with ROI
- Utilize Google Analytics and Facebook Analytics effectively whenever possible
- Work with internal stakeholders, agency partners and clients on a daily basis
- Keep the strategy team informed on industry trends, new vendors, partners and platforms and keeps our paid practice ahead of the curve
- Proactively identifies and manages critical issues to solve problems; demonstrates resilience, positive mindset and adapts to evolving plans and strategies.
- Builds agency profile through thought-leadership activities, including Proof owned channels (blog, research), industry events, and client presentations.
Skills & Experience:
- Deep experience within paid social media planning and execution, strong knowledge of programmatic and SEM.
- Demonstrate experience crafting unique media plans across multiple clients. Inclusive of Social media, SEM, programmatic and traditional (Traditional is not req but is beneficial)
- Firm understanding of standard client services practices – status reports, agency team briefs, SOWs – and ability to support when requested.
- Exceptional media communication skills and articulation i.e. explain Programmatic
- Oral and written with strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as Google suite (Sheets, docs, slides)
- You continuously demonstrate Proof core values: entrepreneurial, creative, respectful, driven, responsive, collaborative and fun.
The salary for this position will commensurate with your experience. Proof provides excellent benefits including medical and dental, subsidized continuing education, milestone trips and more.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.