Social Media Specialist
Toronto / June 13, 2019
At Proof, your passion for social media, ability to ask better questions and desire to make a positive impact on our client’s business – by meeting their customer needs – earns you a seat at the table. You bring fresh ideas to how we deliver content, a deep knowledge of social media platforms and best practices, and provide strategic recommendations based on audience data and insights. The Social Media Specialist works closely with our strategy, creative, influencer and paid media teams to create and deliver social media campaigns across brands spanning consumer lifestyle, health, technology, financial services, government relations, and more.
The ideal candidate loves a team environment, is creative, nimble and must have strong organizational and communication skills.
- Your role will be to guide and deliver compelling social media content that meets client and audience objectives, including experience in building content calendars and one-off campaigns.
- You’re part content developer, part planner and like to get your hands on data. You want to experiment with new formats and platforms and navigate the ever-changing social media landscape.
- Each day you will collaborate with our strategy, creative, influencer, paid media and account teams to identify social media content opportunities that adhere to best practices and deliver against the digital customer journey.
- When working with clients, you develop an understanding of their business and the competitive environment to add value in planning and execution.
- In research and planning, you demonstrate how audiences integrate social media into their lives, and the cultural trends and social behaviours that motivate them to action.
- We expect that you stay up-to-date on social media trends, best practices, and emerging content, partner and platform opportunities that can make our work better.
- Regular status updates with partner representatives (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
- Part of this role will be to provide ongoing counsel to community managers across the agency, by providing best practices on process and platform tools.
- Since you will bring expertise in social media to the agency, we expect you to educate teams through presentations, communicating points-of-view, and ongoing collaboration.
- Support teams on the delivery of tasks and projects and are accountable for high-quality project delivery to agreed-upon deadlines and budgets.
- Actively contributes to regular client status meetings and manage/maintain up-to-date client reports.
- Live by the Golden Rule: “Treat others as you would like them to treat you.”
Skills & Experience
- Unrelenting curiosity.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience working within a similar role.
- Provide clients, and colleagues, with a high standard of service.
- The person in this role has a track record of experimenting with content formats, platforms and tools to bring new thinking and approaches to his/her organization and/or clients
- Deep experience in social media platforms and content best practices (for instance: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and SnapChat).
- Desire to learn about emerging platforms opportunities (i.e. Facebook Brand Collabs Manager, Mobile Studio, Twitter promote mode, etc.).
- Ability to own our clients’ brand voice on social media, through content, posts and community management.
- Demonstrated experience managing social media content, programs and campaigns, including calendar planning, content development and management and reporting.
- Understanding of digital marketing and ecosystem planning, including paid, earned and owned media channels.
- Motivated, enthusiastic and highly responsive team player with a passion for marketing and all things social.
- Familiar with standard client service practices – status reports, agency team briefs, SOWs – and ability to support internal and external clients expeditiously.
- Exceptional communication skills – oral and written.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Razor-sharp focus, attention to detail and time management skills.
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects and clients simultaneously.
- Excellent people management skills.
- You continuously demonstrate Proof’s core values: entrepreneurial & creative; respectful; driven and responsive; collaborative & fun.
- Community management experience
- Experience working with influencers and influencer content
- Familiarity with paid social distribution
- Proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator
The salary for this position will commensurate with your experience. Proof provides excellent benefits including medical and dental, subsidized continuing education, milestone trips and more.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.