Corporate & Financial Practice
Toronto / March 1, 2019
We’re looking for a motivated and enthusiastic communications professional to join and grow with our Corporate & Financial practice in Toronto as Vice President.
Leading senior-level client relationships and building trust through strong counsel and motivating team members to produce outstanding results will be an important part of your role. You’ll energetically seek new ways to engage and grow your team, provide value and expand business opportunities.
Our ideal candidate is known for their hands-on approach and for being a trusted advisor to clients; someone who thinks strategically and considers both client and agency business objectives. This is the ideal position for a person who is driven by curiosity to know more, is comfortable using evolving communications approaches, and a person who believes in the golden rule of treating others as you wish to be treated.
Candidates should have experience managing integrated teams of specialists including those focused on strategy, content development, earned media, measurement, and analytics, digital, creative and paid approaches – in keeping with evolving client needs and your desire to stay current within our profession.
- Build strong and trusted senior business relationships across client organizations;
- Possess an understanding of clients’ businesses and competitive environments to add value to their business planning and ensure our work is aligned with their strategic direction;
- Create and maintain a pipeline of new business opportunities, lead new business responses and support integrated agency efforts;
- Manage and motivate direct reports, including formal and informal performance management, and provide mentoring to mid-level and junior staff;
- Lead multi-faceted client programs throughout all stages of project development, harnessing the agency’s deep and growing roster of experts and services;
- Ensure client teams deliver flawless customer service, high-quality outputs, and outstanding, measurable results;
- Support strong financial performance across multiple accounts/projects, i.e. profitability, income, and growth;
- Stay abreast of emerging marketing trends and platforms, and deliver creative and innovative ideas and solutions;
- Serve as an active member of the practice and agency leadership teams, contributing to administrative, operational, marketing, leadership, educational and cultural activities;
- Support the firm’s recruitment efforts, including active networking for talent and maintaining a pipeline of candidates.
Critical thinking skills
- Deep curiosity about your clients, their sectors and the world around you;
- The ability to ask better questions to get to the heart of the crucial business results of each client;
- Proactively identify and manage critical issues to solve problems; demonstrate resilience and adapt to evolving situations, plans, and strategies;
- Prioritize work in order to stay organized and focused on the highest impact, most time-sensitive items;
- Identify opportunities to provide additional services and programming to clients, knowing who from the agency to involve, and when;
- Effectively manage risks, anticipate challenges, investigate, monitor and resolve.
People skills and desired attributes
- Outstanding communication and active listening skills.
- Confident, professional, mature disposition.
- Positive, collaborative and solution-oriented.
- Proactive, self-motivated and highly reliable.
- Knowing how and when to show empathy.
- Open-minded and flexible
- Committed to the growth and success of others.
- Self-aware and open-minded.
- Experience managing people and teams;
- Strong understanding of a consulting business model, including forecasting, budgeting, profitability;
- Demonstrated ability to plan and produce integrated strategies for clients;
- An appreciation and understanding of measurement approaches – before, during and after campaigns.
- Strong command of key tactical elements of communications consulting including content marketing, public affairs, executive support, issues management, internal communications, media relations, influencer relations, stakeholder relations, social media, paid support and measurement.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
The Corporate & Financial practice serves a large roster of diverse clients. Familiarity with the following sectors is a plus:
- Financial services (e.g. banking, payments, insurance, investing, credit, lending, fintech)
- Professional services (e.g. accounting, law, architecture, engineering, consulting)
- B2B products and services
- Trade- and industry associations
- Energy & sustainability
- 10-15 years’ professional experience, including a minimum of eight years’ management and leadership experience
- Agency experience, preferably at the senior level
- University degree and/or relevant college certificate/diploma
At Proof, we believe that delivering exceptional work, building trust and having fun is the best path to a successful communications and marketing agency. Over two decades of continuous annual growth have proven that philosophy.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Melody Gaukel, SVP: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone inquiries, please. Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Proof Inc.