Video Editor & Motion Graphic Designer
Toronto / January 31, 2019
We are looking for a talented Video Editor to join our growing creative production team in Toronto.
Reporting to our Vice President Production, this role is an essential component to ensuring the highest quality output to our clients in the fields of Consumer Lifestyle, Tech and Internet Services, Health & Wellness, and Corporate & Financial.
What you’ll do
- Create high-quality videos for marketing, branding, sales, education and training.
- Edit, manage and maintain our inventory of footage.
- Ability to creatively and accurately edit and package content; exercise sound editorial and technical judgment in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Source and secure stock media and music tracks.
- Collaborate with the creative team on concepts to help deliver a well produced, high-quality product, efficiently.
- Develop story/mood boards
- Consult with the director, producer and/or client throughout the post-production process.
- Perform post-production activities such as design titles and graphic elements, sound mix, colour correction, transitions, graphic overlays, as well as special effects.
- Discover and implement new editing technologies and industry best practices to maximize efficiency.
What you’ve done
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in film, broadcast, new media or equivalent field.
- 3+ years of experience; working within an agency environment or tv/film production industry is considered an asset, but not required.
- Proficient in Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Thorough knowledge of continuity editing, pacing, and storytelling skills.
- Familiarity with visual effects, and compositing.
- Motion Graphic and animation capabilities.
- Fluent with online storage platforms and file conversion software.
- Must be Mac proficient.
- Shooting, lighting and sound recording skills are also considered an asset, but not required.
- Valid drivers license.
Who you are
- You are an agile and innovative individual who can manage an environment of change and ambiguity.
- Creative thinker who takes initiative.
- A positive and collaborative approach to work.
- Problem solver with the ability to analyze and prioritize to meet business objectives.
- Strong organizational skills to work successfully on multiple productions concurrently, while working within a team environment, within budgets and delivery timelines.
- Professional, with a positive attitude and a good sense of humour.
- Detail oriented and ‘take ownership’ attitude.
- Passion for the craft of video production, graphic design, and storytelling of the highest caliber, with high attention to detail.
How to apply
Please email resume, cover letter and link to your reel to:
Vice President, Production
Please identify the job title in the subject line.
No phone calls, please. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.