Toronto / November 15, 2019
We’re hiring! Proof Inc. is looking for a creative Video Editor with 2-3 years of relevant experience, to be the newest addition to the team in Toronto. This Video Editing guru is an integral part of the growing Proof team, providing day-to-day creative support – ranging from technology to financial services to retail clients.
- You are an agile and innovative individual who can manage an environment of change and ambiguity.
- Creative thinker who takes initiative.
- Positive and collaborative approach to work.
- Problem solver with the ability to analyze and prioritize to meet business objectives.
- Strong organizational skills to work successfully on multiple productions concurrently, while working within a team environment, within budgets and delivery timelines.
- Professional, with a positive attitude and a good sense of humour.
- Detail-oriented and ‘take ownership’ attitude.
- Passion for the craft of video production, graphic design, and storytelling of the highest calibre, with high attention to detail.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Create high-quality videos for marketing, branding, sales, education and training.
- Edit, manage and maintain our inventory of footage.
- Ability to creatively and accurately edit and package content; exercise sound editorial and technical judgment in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Source and secure stock media and music tracks.
- Collaborate with the creative team on concepts to help deliver a well-produced, high-quality product, efficiently.
- Develop story/mood boards
- Consult with the director, producer and/or client throughout the post-production process.
- Perform post-production activities such as design titles and graphic elements, sound mix, colour correction, transitions, graphic overlays, as well as special effects.
- Discover and implement new editing technologies and industry best practices to maximize efficiency.
Skills & Experience:
- Post-secondary education in film, broadcast, new media or equivalent field.
- 2-3 years of experience; working within an agency environment or tv/film production industry is considered an asset, but not required.
- Proficient in Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Thorough knowledge of continuity editing, pacing, and storytelling skills.
- Familiarity with visual effects, and compositing.
- Motion Graphic and animation capabilities.
- Fluent with online storage platforms and file conversion software.
- Must be Mac proficient.
- Shooting, lighting and sound recording skills are also considered an asset, but not required.
- Valid drivers license.
- The salary for this position will commensurate with your experience. Proof offers competitive pay and benefits in an award-winning workplace. Perks include subsidized continuing education, company-paid milestone reward trips, paid volunteer days, an annual company retreat and a culture of promotion from within.
- We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.